Graduation Weather Update


<< Back to CRHS Blog

We have been closely monitoring the weather forecast, and there is definite cause for concern regarding inclement weather on both Thursday and Friday. Rather than change the graduation date, we have made the decision to continue with graduation on Thursday, June 3rd rain or shine.  Hopefully, we can be outside, but we have plans in place to move the ceremony inside our auditorium if needed.  Should we move inside, masks will be required for all attendees without exception. There will be no change to the number of tickets provided (four per graduate).  Seniors received their graduation tickets today, and all guests must have a ticket to enter.

Prior to making this decision, we consulted with the Caroline Health Department regarding the safety of an indoor graduation for staff and families.  While distancing requirements are still in place for public schools (because most school-aged students are unvaccinated), they have been lifted for all other locations.  Given that a majority of attendees at graduation are 17 and older, an indoor graduation is acceptable as long as face coverings are worn by everyone in attendance.

The decision to remain outdoors or move indoors will be made no later than Thursday at noon and will be communicated to students and families at that time.  Thank you again to everyone for your patience, cooperation, and support.  This year is more complicated than usual, but we know our seniors and their families are flexible and ready to have an awesome graduation, no matter the location!